Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wee Trips

Phyl and I have been taking wee trips in the area beyond Faro in the past few days.
Actually we have been busy having fun wallpapering and painting (always fun when done together) her bedroom. In between times we headed out to the lakes in the area just to watch the birds, flowers etc. I don't know the last time I took time to do that...!!!! I was at a point where I always had a list of things to be done...so you can believe sitting for two hours on the side of a lake listening to the sounds of real nature (not canned) is so appreciated....I sat and started to read a big book the other day...and not once did a list intrude....As I have noticed and mentioned earlier, if you stop and notice there are surprises all over....This photo is just on the road leading into Faro from the highway


This photo was taken about 9:30 at night...Remember this is the land where there is no dark! Look at the sky in this photo and how light it is....
There are two little lakes very close by that offer great views of birds. Fisheye and Johnson's both offered the basic requirements for a good photo.

















I have always talked about appreciating whats out our back door...Do we notice the mountains every time we drive down Crowchild? Do we take time to enjoy them? I do my best...my thought was, if I lived here, and not just having a great holiday, would I take the time to go out and sit for an hour listening to the peace....I am thinking you would almost have to...if the choice was to live here, that must be what you would need...Where ever we live, take time to appreciate our Country, how lucky we are to live here....We already have won the lotto....;-)
We took a trip to the closest little town to Faro...called Ross River. Ross River is older than Faro, but not a company town so appeared to be not as developed .
The roads between Ross and Faro are for the most part gravel...Its funny because you will come across perhaps a mile and a half that is paved, right out in the middle of nowhere and then suddenly back to gravel. There are plenty of offshoots to these roads, just dirt tracks used by locals to gather wood or my imagination says they are old mine roads.








Like the cabin of broken dreams I'm thinking there is a whole story here somewhere. We journeyed down one of these dirt trails one evg. at least as far as my courage would allow, listening to the underbrush scratch "Maggie's" underbelly. Remembering how far we are out in the wilderness I eventually found some common sense and turned around....but looking back, what did I miss?????

We turned around right where we found a white, pink Lupin...all I have seen to this point is Purple (in the background)
maybe I didn't miss anything ;-)))

















1 comment:

The Blithering Canuck said...

The pictures on this one arent working