Monday, June 18, 2007

Blind Creek Road

Someone in the coffee shop suggested Phyl must have shown me everything by now...!!
Maybe another case that we don't know what's out our own back door. We are taking the time to look in the corners. Just an afternoon drive out a gravel trail at the end of the block went for about 10 K's to a dead end at the Pelly River.. and 52 photos..;-)))

Just tell me where are the guardrails!!!!
In all my camping trips, on my own with my old van, I have always loved exploring the back roads, always with a thread of logic in the back of my mind..(If I broke down?????)
That logic button is now sitting right in front on my dashboard every time I travel down a trail...only now the question is "How would they ever find me?"















Blind Creek Road dead ends at the Pelly River, at one time a ferry ran across the river, but there was a turn off which turns out to be the beginning of the Dena Cho Trail. It is a 67.6 km multi-use recreation trail connecting Faro and Ross River. The route of the trail is a moderate 3 or 4 day hike along the bank of the Pelly River on the Tintina Trench. It has four warming cabins spaced along the span. It was designated a hiking trail but I drove along for quite a distance. Quads would be able to travel along until reaching a pedestrian bridge across the Orchay River. As I see sights and travel this country I can't help but think of favourite people at home I wish could be here or see what I am seeing....Sam would love hiking this countryside, Dennis and Mike would love the fishing in Little Salmon and lakes in the area. Kids would love the beaches and camping at these beautiful lakes...the rainbows, flowers, fresh air.......














Have I mentioned lately "I love my camera" I did my usual down on my car blanket on my tummy in the leaves just to get the opportune shot of a mushroom......
I love my camera...this is what I spent the money for...this and the hairs on the crocus......;-))) Ok I can hear you guys saying
enough of the flowers!!!! (I have more)











All throughout the Yukon there appears to be First Nation burial grounds. We came across one such area up high on a hill overlooking the countryside. These grounds are usually surrounded by a picket fence which to me is an indication of respect.















I found it at the end of our drive....My first Fireweed of the season!!!!!!!! One shoot growing out of a rock pile on the side of the hill. I have been waiting and waiting and finally. I can see the promise of many more to come...but I had to share my first....A good day.......

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Nana,

it's Nicole. I think that flower is BEAUTIFUL.Oh guess what when we were at the cabin Tango got run over by a truck pulling a trailer, but it was going slower and the lady said Tango laid there for a few seconds then ran back up the hill so the lady followed Tango. But she was very lucky that she was only hurt and just had to take some pills.

I got a new $45 brown, two piece(that covers most of my belly) bathing suit in Invermere. Then back in Calary I got a new Lulu Lemon ball cap and a very nice long, yellow tank top from Jacob Jr(a store). I'm also saving up for a $500 i-phone that can play music and much more, it also has a touch screen. But if that takes too long to save up i'll just buy a nice cell phone for not very much.

Love U Nana
Miss U Nana
Can't wait for U to get home
Bye Nana