Phyl and Doc's little spot in the world.
Good morning again..You know when I say tail ends...its not the end...;-) I always find something to take photos of...By the way I should say, don't forget you can click on any of the photos in the blog to enlarge them to see better...Some have to be so small in blog to publish them...For example I noticed the photo of the ice chunks...much more sparkle when enlarged..!!! Also, the Aerial photo of Faro, I borrowed from Phyl...She also has some great photos of the Fannin sheep etc. that she has told me I can use....in fact,,
This photo was taken by a local photographer...
The sheep here are so appreciated they are protected and at this time of year are left to calve in peace and quiet. Phyl tells me in severe winters measures have been taken to ensure there is enough feed for them, and this year they have been spotted on the outskirts of town... This is my shot , from the road ;-) (you will have to enlarge this one for sure ;-))))) Phyl and I have been going for drives in the evg. as the evg. goes on forever here..still sunlight at 10:30 pm..(that's as late as I see;-))
either up the sheep viewing station or one of the little lakes in the area Johnson's Lake or Fisheye...we are going prepared with my bird and flower books, which I hauled all the way from Calgary. We try to identify all the different birds we see...Last night was the first night we decided we needed some mosquito coils in the car so we could sit in peace with the windows open...Even then they were not bad...not what I expected. Apparently even up here they spray the outlying patches of water although I did not see any helicopters around the area. I'm so looking forward to the Fireweed, should be here in a couple of weeks I think, I can see the shoots appearing. I am looking for backdrops to use and hopefully the fireweed will co-operate and grow in front ...
This shot is of the birds in front of Phyl's window in her birch tree, a shot I would not get now as the tree is out in full leaf...
Last night, Phyl went all out in showing me her tours of the area. The sewage treatment lagoons apparently have the greatest collection of birds in the area. A fact I was seriously doubting Phyl as she has been known to thoroughly enjoy shocking me...or to lead me astray.!!! But we did find numerous birds, gulls, dippers, mallards, goldeneye, and this one which I think maybe an American Coot..
We are having such fun with the software on the computer, imagine, there was a bright yellow digger in the back of this photo against the cliff, now with today's tech..its magically gone!!!!! If you look very close you will see the reflection of it in the water, I left it there for a giggle..Now anyone that knows me will be utterly surprised I am down at a sewage treatment plant for a photo....just goes to show you the lure of a good photo...
This though was not the end to Phyl's tour of the evg.. next was the town dump!! Only to find a bald eagle and a white wolf...The eagle did not co-operate but the wolf was not to concerned about the paparazzi.
Again the magic of software, we took out the plastic bag out of the tree behind.
My loon on Little Salmon Lake. Notice the ice still on lake, taken a couple of weeks ago. I am understanding the lure of this country for all that live here. The values I desire in a place to live are all here...the peace, the views, the space. All that's missing is my family, friends and my little nest in the world. I also realize its only a few days away, or a few hours if I fly, I will be making future trips as long as Phyl and Doc will have me....
No comments:
Post a Comment