Thursday, May 31, 2007

Faro Yukon



I feel like I have not touched base yet...I have been blithering on about all I have seen. Now things have settled down, I am actually feeling like I am retired!!!! I am relaxing more and looking at my space in the world...right now its a beautiful view...out Phyl's window...and how I needed that...Easy to sit and reflect on ones life with this view inspiring you...;-) This photo was taken on a foggy morning early.... Faro at this time has a population of about 400, but what surprises me is the space around me...From the start of my trip I was always amazed at the space..driving for hours without seeing anyone...Living in the big city of Calgary, you lose sense of space...its toooooo crowded...Here I am realizing how much space there is around me...we are so small in this world...
Phyl and Doc's house is on the edge of town overlooking the valley.....Every morning when the house is still quiet I have my time to work on blog or keep in touch with family and friends via email..and overlook this view..a very peaceful time of day..



I love being able to watch the weather coming from afar watching it come down the valley, knowing what to expect. At home I live in a river valley
with enormous trees, beautiful in itself but closed in and protected..

Look at the difference in the green since I arrived in the beginning of May the aspens were not leafed out in green yet. I didn't take to many photos knowing it would be beautiful quickly. Here is my little chickadee comes to visit me every morning..They are the hardest to photo as they are very flighty. I spent the first few days taking photos of every different bird that landed on Phyl's feeder and my little Pine Grosbeak the bully of the feeder...apparently it is for him only....























As the bright new spring green comes out, so are the flowers...So far the lupines have shown their colours...On my walks with Oliver (who is also being very patient while I crawl around in the leaves to get the best shots)...

The wild lupine is very different from the city lupines..beautiful especially against a burn out stump..

















Oliver is saying "Are you done yet?" "Lets go have lunch"

No comments: