Skagway is a cute little touristy town. Their main $$ of course are made in a couple months of the year. It reminded me of Banff but much smaller scale..And when I say smaller scale I mean smaller....the buildings are small!!! They must be original and refurbished...Look at the comparison of the truck parked on main street. ...You will not find any burger drive-ins and only a couple of sidewalk cafe's...Although right across the street from the train station was a Starbucks....no Tim Horton's!!!! Whitehorse across the Cdn. border though has two..!!! and line ups at the take out window are just as long...
Na Na did her shopping for her little ones at The Shirt Co. and bought the regular T-Shirts from Alaska ;-)
Old cantilever bridge..(no longer used whewww)
4 comments:
Oh my God girl!! Well, if I were there with you I guess I would have been keeping Phyll and Oliver company....where do you get the courage to do these things?... enjoyed your commentary and the pictures....makes me feel like I'm with you on this trip....pictures of Skagway reminded me of Heritage Park...very turn of the century...loved the bits of history that you threw in...sounds like you are having a wonderful time...if you keep going back to see things over again, do you think that you will ever come home?.... I MISS YOU but wouldn't want you to give up one moment of this trip...can't wait to see your next installment!!!
Hi Nana, I thank you for the gifts and post-card you sent me. I received both the gifts and post-card today. It was very thoughtful of you and I like the necklace the best, the bracelet is cool and Mom said she liked it the best. I have to go to soccer soon so I'll talk to you later. P.S. I love you!
Hi Nana, I forgot to tell you it was me Jocelyn sending you the last message.
Hi Mom! Love the updates... I printed your Blog so far and the photos turned out great. Both Jocelyn and Keaton received their gifts and post-cards today. Nicole is expecting hers to arrive tomorrow (Friday). It's so AMAzing to see these pictures from the North Country, some seem a bit un-real and far away, kinda like a painting. Or, maybe it's just the great photographer taking them, your capturing some wonder memories... keep em comin..
Love you, Jody
Post a Comment