Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cabin of Broken Dreams





Hello everyone....I made it!!!!!!! I now know what the bumper stickers I saw all the way up here mean by "I survived the Alaska Highway" Just kidding it was wonderful....would I do it again? No............I did have to do it in my lifetime...and now I have....at least half way....It was an experience, all the motels ;-))))))) all the snow, hail, rain, flooding and beautiful sunshiney days..and all within an hour!!!!!!!!!!
I also swore I would never, never take a photo out my car window.....swore I would never be that lazy as to not get out of the car to get that shot.....Well, have to eat my words....I did take photos out the front window....there were times there wasn't the safe pullouts, times when you didn't have the time to get out...I also wanted you to see the perspective I was seeing at that moment....for example I had heard all my life of the grand Alaska highway....you will see what I mean when I get the photos on here...that grand Alaska highway changes its face from a narrow Sask highway, to a goat trail through the mountains, to the grand wide highway I imagined it would be....
My journey made me feel like my favorite reporter for the Sun weekend magazine Mike Drew..for those that are not familiar with Mike...he travels around Alberta and comes back and write the most interesting articles about his travels....I was scripting my whole journey...I hope I do Mike justice......
I arrived in Faro Yukon on Friday about 3 PM and I will show you the beauty here....There is currently a crane festival ongoing, the sand hill cranes migrate at this time of year..and the Fannin sheep also calf at this time...so it will be a busy week....I am holding off taking photos of this area as it will take another couple of weeks for the new blush of green to be out.....it will be much prettier very soon....
I did run into an old cabin someone started to build and for some reason his dreams died...so I am naming this photo Broken dreams....I have a whole story I could conjure up why his dream died with the old cabin...whomever it was he had a great sense of humour...He build an outhouse on the edge of a cliff....What better way to spend some time everyday...with the best view possible.....certainly wouldn't need a magazine...









1 comment:

The Blithering Canuck said...

So will you atleast ever venture back to Liard Hotsprings?? I sure will :-) Can't wait to see all the pics and here all the stories.