I have been relaxing...still feeling that way. Actually everyday there is something up..Last weekend Phyl volunteered ourselves to take photos for the town planting day. They have a greenhouse here in town and volunteers get together to do the planting in boxes and flowerbeds all over town...Phyl and I ran around taking photos of everyone working...not such a bad job heh? I was very impressed with the organization of the whole procedure and the community spirit...Everyone had smiles on their faces.
Then yesterday, it was graduation day. Because Faro does not have the population it once did with the mine closed, the graduation classes are small. This year three young adults graduated and one was a young lady who is Phyl's neighbour...again Phyl volunteered our help to take some photos....It was very nice to see these kids and their community so very proud of themselves in this stage of their new life...
If my child hood stories are true, whatever is at the end of a rainbow is surely in for good times. An evg. drive to Johnson's Lake on a stormy night showed us numerous rainbows. Remember " Maggie" is still new and I was worried about hail I have even been parking the car in an old abandoned garage across the street. Sometimes I worry more about the garage falling down in a storm rather than the hail.... During our drive it was raining very heavy and Phyl seeing I was worried said "why don't you drive through the campground, maybe we can park under an overhanging tree" Well the only opportunity proved to be down a rather steep path to the outhouses!!!!!! Here we are pointed downward at quite the angle facing the biffys for 15 or 20 min while the storm abated....(with no hail) Phyl and I were laughing because I was saying if anyone saw us......!!!!
Another wait by the lake showed us some lovely views.
As always when we returned to Phyl's yard there is another view
in my world this evg...What fun I am having taking
the time to notice the beauty in our world. If this is
what retirement is then it's a good time of life..
No comments:
Post a Comment