Thursday, May 24, 2007

Update # 6 Jasper, Alta. to Chetwynd B.C.

Main street Chetwynd B.C.























Day 2 is my rain day. My trip consisted of driving through everything at one time or another. Day 2 had wind, snow. rain and little periods of sun. Out of Jasper in the morning I spotted an elk having brekkie on the side of a pond. and he took the time to say good morning to me.... I headed off to Prince George. It started to rain early in the morning hard. and very quickly the creeks were full and rapid even to the point of overflowing...spring runoff for sure.















The only disadvantage to the rain, I have never disliked driving in the rain, is I can't see the mountain tops. The only way I can determine the elevation I am at is the types of trees in the landscape. Lower means aspen trees, poplar, higher means spruce, pine..and of course cooler, foggy. I stopped at a rest spot and had a lovely nap listening to the birds and the pouring rain on the roof of the car (love my sunroof) covered up with my polar fleece, snug as a bug. Travelling through Prince George, some would call this a miserable day.



Weather station predicted 30-50 cm of rain but somehow for me, its another memory. Time change lose an hour.
Arrived in Chetwynd BC about 4:30 PM Ft. St. John is another 153 Km Because it was rain and mountain driving the whole day (I had thought the terrain would flatten out by now) its time to quit for the day.
I stopped at perhaps the nicest motel on the trip... Western theme, wrought iron, very cute. Took photos of amazing wooden carvings along the highway mainly for my little kids...and Keaton I have a photo of a very large truck carrying rocks from a bridge construction site I passed....Just for you hon....





Tomorrow, the scenic byway to Ft. St. John BC and the Alaska Highway!!!!!

4 comments:

Sennett's said...

Hi Nana, It's Nicole, I really miss you and Oliver. I bet your having fun with your new SUV, especialy the sun-roof. I wish I was you Nana, your really lucky. Miss you, love you. Bye!

Sennett's said...

Hi Nana! It must be a fun time, thank you for the pictures and for the writing. I miss Oliver and you and I miss you because you have been gone a long time. Bye, I love you. Keaton. I know you miss us too, love you Nana. My favorite picture is Oliver walking on the rocks and your new SUV on the road by the big snow. And I love the mountains where you are looking and the lakes with snow everywhere. I miss hiking with you, I wish I was with you too. That's all, love Nana, love Keaton.

Sennett's said...

Nana, It's Jocelyn. I miss you a lot, I like all the pictures, we got lots of snow in Calgary today, the trees fell down to the ground with snow on the branches. We didn't get to play soccer today, last game my friend Erin got a goal for the first time. I hope you are enjoying yourself on your trip. I will talk to you soon, love you Jocelyn.

Sennett's said...

Your adventure continues... what a great bunch of awesome photos Mom, well done. The Blog was a great idea to share with all of us, I wish you a safe and happy trip. As I said before, stay as long as you need and soare no expense, this is a trip many of us wish for. I'm proud of you and REALLY, REALLY miss you... When I say stay as long as you need, I mean not that long. Keep the photos coming. Love you, Jody