I'm settling in....caught up on my sleep....I have spent hours trying to get Phyl's laptop to work with me....;-)) I can't get my photos to upload onto the blog.....as you can see only 2 attempts in 200 have worked....;-) My last resort is to walk away and send emails.....We have gone through the gamut of checking security etc...with no success...I am now leaving it until her memory comes in the mail....Yes in the Yukon you can order extra memory through the mail....oops its for the laptop..not Phyl.....
You can all imagine how frustrating this is for me....I took 204 photos on the highway....Don't panic I will not force you all to share everyone of them....at least not right away....I am making a CD when I get home ;-))))))
Found a couple of crocus around the Broken Dreams Cabin always loved catching the first sign of spring...
You can all imagine how frustrating this is for me....I took 204 photos on the highway....Don't panic I will not force you all to share everyone of them....at least not right away....I am making a CD when I get home ;-))))))
Found a couple of crocus around the Broken Dreams Cabin always loved catching the first sign of spring...
We had taken a drive out Blind Creek road to see the Fannin sheep native to the Faro region only...There is a viewing cabin the town has built to enable people to set up their scopes to watch the sheep calve at this time of year. The crocus and Broken Dreams cabin is on that road.
I am at this moment sitting in Phyl's living room watching the birds feed at her feeder..Phyl lives on the edge!!! on the edge of town overlooking a beautiful valley which runs along the Tintina trench..(an earthquake fault which runs all the way to Alaska) I am finding out quickly all sorts of birds stop for a rest on their migratory routes. Some I recognize some of course I don't. Birds such as Lapland Longspur sparrows and this morning I believe it may have been a Yellow Warbler..And my favorite the Grey Jay or Whiskey Jack just arrived...I have to admit though they are feeder bullies....along with the Rose Breasted Grosbeak. listen to me...I'm starting to sound knowledgeable!!!!
I took a walk up to deGroder Falls just outside of town yesterday...Although not a long walk, was very hilly...canyon...my knees are complaining today. Spring runoff I assume is making the water almost a rusty colour, still ice on the edge of the creek as its very deep in the canyon....
This weekend Phyl, Doris and I are headed off for Whitehorse, do some shopping get my hair cut, and Sunday heading out for Skagway. Doris and I are taking a trip on a narrow gauge railway called White Pass Yukon Route. Phyl is staying behind with Oliver as she is a coward...The train travels from 0 ft. sea level at Skagway to 2900 Ft. up the mountainside. on the edge kinda scary...but I'm sure worth every photo. The website for the trip is www.wpyr.com if you would like to check it out....
I am going to investigate other Blog sites to see if they work any better...this is just not worth the stress ....;-))))))
4 comments:
hahaha...poor Heather. I know it must be Very frustrating, but I enjoy reading and can almost hear your voice...wierd eh? hahaha.
Hey heather, Its del Van Gorder Falls, anyhow If you want something relatively easy to upload pictures check Out Facebook.com Mom and Dad have a website on there you can write messages and we can write you back plus you can upload sixty pictures at a time into online albums for everyone to see. You can write captions under each photo and even put names and captions inside the Photos as what they cal tags. I'm sure it would be much easier.
Sounds like you are finally feeling like you are retired ...its a great feeling eh...loved the photo of the crocus and can't wait to see all of the pictures when you get back...the view from Phyllis's window looks gorgeous....train trip sounds exciting....hope you get good pictures...love your stories of what you are seeing and doing....I remember how you used to make up stories about strangers when we would be sitting in a restaurant or out somewhere and we would all laugh.
Hi Nana, It's Keaton. At my soccer game Tuesday I got 2 soccer goals and all most 1 more goal. My Mom said I was "On Fire". And, I like your pictures you send to us and the writing about your trip. Maybe sometime we can go for a movie with Oliver and you and me. I have to go to bed soon so there is one more thing to say. It was Tango's Birthday on Thursday or Tuesday, she turned 3 years old. It's time to go to bed now, I love you, love Oliver too! Keaton.
Post a Comment